Thursday, October 28, 2010

This is for you, Mike.

My brother Mike makes fun of my blog because everything is "just so wonderful".  Well, I do have a great life and I am very happy.   Anyone that knows me knows that I am a big dork and they like me anyway.  But, since Mike does read this blog, I figured he would want to hear about some of the not-sot-wonderful stuff.  

This is a long detailed story, but very funny.  And gross.  Actually, it is mostly gross.  And not funny for Janinne at all.  Except because she is so great she thought it was funny too!

It all started on Sunday night when Janinne and I were putting the kids to bed.  Katie and Drew were drinking their milk and I was reading stories to them.   All of a sudden, Katie, who was on my lap, started projectile vomiting all over the place.  It was so strange because immediately before and immediately after, she was very happy.  In fact, right after she threw up, she started running around the room dancing with Drew.  The throw up was all over their rug and me but somehow missed Katie since the force of it cleared her by a good two feet.   We cleaned up the mess, said good night and the kids both went right to bed.  Both kids slept happily all night.  On Monday morning, Katie seemed fine and Drew did as well.   We went on with our day as planned having fun with Janinne in the city.  However, at night, when we were again getting the kids ready for bed, all he** broke loose. 

We had just finished giving the kids a bath and we were playing in their room when we noticed that Katie was saying "Poopy" and pointing to the play kitchen in the corner. Janinne and I see poop everywhere on the floor and the carpet by the kitchen. Katie has a diaper on and Drew is potty trained so I quickly grab Katie's diaper and come back with a hand full of poop.  Somehow the poop had escaped her diaper and was dripping down her leg.  Just as we jumped up to clean the mess and clean poor Katie, Drew turns to us and starts projectile vomiting purple and red everywhere on the carpet.  (Of course, he had just eaten a bunch of berries.)  He starts crying so I hold him and he then starts to vomit again on me.  Ninne looks at me and asks what she can to do to help.  Hmmm.....Katie is full of poop, Drew and I are covered in reddish-purple vomit and the carpet is covered in poop and vomit.  What a wonderful world!

We decide to throw the kids back in the bath, I quickly change and Janinne and I start cleaning the rug.   In the meantime, Drew says "I feel better now" and decides he wants to help us clean the rug.   Janinne looks over at the play kitchen and again sees little spots of poop everywhere on the carpet. I hear her saying to herself that she really thought "I got it all earlier" and how could she have "missed such a big pile" when we realized that somehow Katie does not have a diaper on and is again pooping everywhere in the room while she is walking around and stepping in it!  WHAT IS GOING ON?  Andy calls at this point and decides to come home to see if his little monkeys are okay.  He gets home and Drew throws up again in the hallway, in his bed and in the bathroom.  We clean up the mess, give out lots of hugs and kisses and put the kids to bed.  Andy goes back to work and I go to bed because I have been feeling sick all day and now I think I know why. I just hope Ninne doesn't catch it!    Drew wakes up a few times in the night, eventually falling asleep in our bed, but not before he pukes in it right next to me and Andy.  The next morning the kids thankfully felt fine.  Throughout this whole thing, 25-week-pregnant Janinne got on her hands and knees helping me scrub the carpets, cleaned the random pieces of throw-up all over the apartment, and dealt with the horrible smell all with a smile on her face.  She did call her husband and tell him that they should reconsider the color for the couch they are about to purchase. 

As my dad said, Janinne is NEVER going to visit again.

Back to my original point about my brother, and all of the wonderful blah blah blah...   As I just finished writing this, I realized that this is not an example of something not-so-wonderful. This is an example of a fun memory that Janinne and I will always share.   I can see it now--- on the phone with Janinne, laughing at the chaos of the night and enjoying the memory together.   Sorry, Mike, I will try again another time.

By the way, I didn't think any pictures would be appropriate for this blog.

1 comment: