The day started great. The kids and I got on our bike and headed to Central Park for the first annual Central Park Ultimate Block Party http://www.ultimateblockparty.com/. It was packed and there was so much to do we didn't know what to do first! All of a sudden, Drew started acting weird. He wanted me to hold him and he kept saying that he was cold. I asked him if he wanted to go home and he said no because he saw a booth with car stuff and he wanted to check it out.
He drove (and crashed) a monster car.
We then found a booth where he was able to perform his own pit stop on a car. As a huge fan of the movie "Cars", he thought this was great and he kept saying that he was doing his pit stop faster than Guido!
It was after the fastest pit stop in NYC that I realized Drew was sick. I rushed home on my bike with both kids crying. Katie was saying, "No, play!" because she didn't want to leave the park and Drew was just crying because he didn't feel well. It was a very sad bike ride. Once home, I took his temperature and it was 102.3. Poor little man. After medicine, a nap and chocolate chip cookies with milk, he felt much better. Of course he just went to sleep at 9pm since he took a nap today. He told Andy that he decided it was going to be movie night and to get the popcorn ready because he was going to stay up late!



Oh this is so cute. Not the part about him being sick, but saying that it was movie night. So cute! Glad you made it to the block party though. Thats so cool!!!
ReplyDelete