 |
| On a moving surf board |
I took Drew and Katie to the
New York Hall of Science today and it was spectacular! First, no one was there. We were the only visitors for the first hour and a half. A little strange, but it was actually really nice for our first visit.
 |
| Working the conveyor belt |
 |
| Learning about the temperature of planets |
 |
| Drew was obsessed with every detail of this train table. |
 |
| Nascar race cars = huge hit! |
Second, they have the coolest exhibits in a really cool space. As stated on their website "The New York Hall of Science occupies one of the few remaining structures of the 1964 New York World's Fair in Flushing Meadows Corona Park in the borough of Queens in New York City. Today, it stands as New York City's only hands-on science and technology center. The more than 450 hands-on exhibits explore biology, chemistry and physics." I was a little worried that D & K would be too young, but I was wrong. They loved it and we even became members!
 |
| They both really liked the water exhibits. |
 |
| I am not sure who enjoyed the giant slides the most--Drew, Katie or me! |
Third, they have a huge outdoor interactive playground where the kids can run around, explore and learn all about science while having fun.
 |
| Learning about comets. |
Finally, everyone that worked there was extremely nice. They were really patient with Drew and answered all of his questions and explained everything to him. They even made sure Katie was involved at each exhibit. Our membership also gives us access to other science related museums around the world....many in NYC that we plan on visiting such as the
Brooklyn Children's Museum, the
Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, the
New York Transit Museum, and the
Staten Island Children's Museum. It was a really fun day and we plan on going back soon!
I officially want to go here. THIS LOOKS AWESOME!!!! I bet you couldn't pull them away from things!!! Again...another amazing adventure!!!
ReplyDelete