Monday, November 22, 2010

Not quite The Nanny Diaries.

Emily with Drew when he was 6 months old.
  
Emily meeting Katie on her birthday.
Emily was my babysitter for Drew when I used to work.  It seems so long ago, and I can't imagine leaving my little monkeys and working now, but I actually liked my job and it worked out really well.  Looking back now, I know that it worked so well because my job was flexible and my nanny was Emily!   I will never forget meeting Emily after she (and about 100 other people) answered my craigslist ad looking for a nanny for my 3 month old little Drew.  We met at a Starbucks and I instantly liked her.  I knew she was the one.  I know, I know...cheesy, but leaving your firstborn with someone was/is a big deal!  All we had to do was to get Andy to approve. I remember introducing Emily to Andy and watching nervously as he interviewed her. I could tell she was nervous as well, but she did a great job and we offered her the position of taking care of our precious baby.  Now, over three years later, we are still very close. 

When Emily babysat Drew, they had so many fun adventures together.  They would go to the playground and the zoo, paint and do projects, read books, sing and dance, go for long walks, and just be silly together.  Emily was always happy and enthusiastic about everything and I knew Drew was in good hands when I left for work. When Drew sees Emily now, he goes absolutely crazy. He gets so excited and runs around like a lunatic.   Emily loves Drew and Drew loves Emily and I love watching them play together.   Emily has become like a sister to me and I am so lucky to have her in my life.  Plus, she is my most loyal blog reader:) Here are a few photos from when Emily came over for dinner the other night.

Katie, Emily and Drew.

Drew doing his favorite puzzle with Emily.
Emily reading Knuffle Bunny to the kids before bedtime.  Emily bought this book for Drew when he was about Katie's age and it is still a favorite.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I seriously feel so honored to have such a great mention on your blog and in your life. I feel so grateful that you trusted me with Drew and you and Andy were definitely the best bosses I ever had. I never felt like I was actually "working." Best job ever! Thank you for all the amazing memories and having two amazing kids. I love them!!! I will so treasure this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that first picture is hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete