Saturday, November 20, 2010

Our week in Maryland

We are moving down to Maryland this August 1st and I am a little nervous about our move. I love our life here in NYC and I can't imagine us living anywhere else.  However, I am sure that I will get used to all of the changes next year in the suburbs.  All of my suburbia-living friends and family tell me that I will love it and will forget what I even liked about living in NYC.  We shall see.  Anyway,  one of the biggest changes next year will be that Drew will be in Pre-Kindergarten.   Because of the way the admissions process works down there, we actually have to apply for school now for next fall.  So, I packed up the kids and we headed to Maryland for the week. 

We were able to stay at Andy's parents (Granny and Far) house during our visit. One of the things that I am most excited about in regards to our move is that we will finally be close to family! Andy's parents and his sister and her family all live in Maryland in the area where we are most likely going to live.
While I went to a few admissions open houses and met with a realtor to start figuring out where we are going to buy a house, Drew and Katie stayed with Granny.  They absolutely love Granny and Far and love their house----friendly cats and dogs everywhere, a huge backyard ready for them to explore, a beautiful piano that they love playing, and cousins over all the time! Andy's sister Niki and her husband Alex were away in Peru during half of our visit and their four kids were staying at Granny's house as well.  It was a house full of craziness and fun!  George (who is only 9 months older than Drew) and Drew were so happy to run around and go on adventures together.  They had the best time just being boys together. Niki's other children, Isabel, Alexandra and Julia all took turns playing with Katie.  She had so much fun being the center of attention.
Granny, George and Drew making cookies. 
Drew and George playing football.
Drew and George cuddling on Far's chair.


Drew playing Granny's piano.


Katie with Peanut Butter, one of Granny's cats.

Isabel and Katie having a tea party.
Katie and Alexandra.
Katie playing dress-up with the girls.
Katie, Julia, Drew and George having lunch.
Granny and Katie running in the backyard.
I found the school that I want Drew (and eventually Katie) to attend so now I have to submit the application and wait for an interview and group playdate in February. I guess we will be heading back to Maryland again soon! 

1 comment:

  1. OMG- super granny and far!!! 6 kids in one house is no joke! So glad you found a school and good luck with the application process, I'm sure Drew will get in no problem! Now on to house-hunting....I can't wait to hear how that goes :-)

    ReplyDelete