One of my oldest friends, who I have known since middle school, came to visit us in NYC. When Liesje and I were younger, we bonded over our mutual interest in talking about boys, playing sports and our love of school- we took almost every class together. Now that we are adults, we bond over talking about our families, shopping, and eating yummy food. She arrived on a Sunday and fortunately, Andy was home. Liesje and I headed out (without the kids) and went shopping, got manicures and pedicures and had a delicious dinner of sushi!
One of my favorite memories of Liesje is from middle school. I met Liesje at her house before the big middle school dance. She opened her door wearing the same exact outfit that I was wearing! Instead of changing, we went to the dance each wearing: a black skirt, a white blouse with a black vest over it, and a black hat. Such dorks! Can you tell that we were influenced by the New Kids on the Block?
On Monday, Drew wanted to take Liesje to the American Museum of Natural History to show her his favorite things. It worked out great because the Discovery Room, which is the children's section of the museum, was open and we were able to get passes. I had heard about the Discovery Room from my friend Meghan who promised that we would absolutely love it and she was right! It was awesome and Drew and Katie now want to go there every time we visit the museum.
 |
| Drew really liked putting the giant life-size fossils in place on this dinosaur model. |
 |
| Katie's goggles didn't quite fit, so Liesje took something from her purse and made them work. Very handy! |
 |
| Adorable! |
 |
| Katie and Liesje had fun excavating dinosaur bones from the dig. |
 |
| They both loved the memory seashell game. |
 |
| Another favorite was the scavenger hunt in the great big tree. |
 |
| Drew, as always, is a big fan of puzzles. |
 |
| Katie loved exploring all the hidden treasures in the drawers. |
We had so much fun hanging out with Liesje in NYC!
No comments:
Post a Comment