Two weekends ago we took the kids to the
NY Transit Museum in Brooklyn. We traveled there by subway and it was SO much fun! I haven't taken the kids on the subway in a very long time- we walk almost everywhere or take a cab if it is too far. Drew and Katie loved the subway---- they couldn't believe that we had to stand for half of the ride, they thought we would get seats. They loved people watching, checking out the subway map and discussing where we were going, and looking for trains going the opposite way.
 |
| Taking the subway! |
 |
| The entrance to the museum. |
The entrance to the museum is really fun too because the museum is housed in a actual subway station that is no longer in use. The first level has exhibits on the history of the subway system and other interesting things. However, Drew and Katie spent their time here on the two buses, pretending to be bus drivers and taking their passengers all over the city.
The big highlight of the museum was the lower level. The entire subway station was full of old subway cars and the kids just ran in and out of them. I wish I took more pictures down there but I was too busy chasing after them!
 |
| Drew took a rest... |
 |
| so of course Katie had to do the same! |
 |
| Drew standing in front of his favorite subway car. |
When it was time to go, Drew and Katie both cried. Even though we had spent over two hours at the museum, they didn't want to leave. I promised them we would go back another day to do more exploring and running!
No comments:
Post a Comment