On Saturday, I decided that we were going to finally find the waterfalls in Central Park that I read about on the Central Park website
http://www.centralpark.com/photos/show/11227/waterfall. I grabbed Andy and the kids, our double stroller, snacks and directions that said to enter the North Woods around 102nd Street. Of course, Drew wanted to lead us using his own map, and Katie wanted to walk and pick up every rock and leaf along the way, but somehow we managed to find the correct location. What a secret paradise in the middle of Manhattan in a non-touristy section of the park! We passed under an old bridge and walked through a tunnel into an area of trails beside a small stream. It was beautiful and quiet and perfect.
Maybe a little scary alone and definitely not a place to explore at night, but it was just right for a relaxing Saturday afternoon with Andy and the kids.
A family photo with 3 out of 4 of us looking. Not bad at all!
No comments:
Post a Comment